Tennessee is a landlocked state in the southern U.S. Its capital, Nashville is centrally located, and is known to be the heart of the country-music scene. Fans of Elvis Presley should head to Memphis, in the far southwest, where Graceland is located.
music scene, high-quality whiskey, and home to the Great Smokies
Great Smoky National Park is located on the North Carolina / Tennessee border and is the most visited national park in all of the U.S.
Best Time to Visit Tennessee
The best time to visit Tennessee is during the spring months of April and May and the Fall months of October and November. However, if you’re visiting the mountain areas near Gatlinburg, then it is a fantastic place to visit all year round.
TOP ATTRACTIONS AND PLACES TO SEE IN TENNESSEE
– The Smokies – Great Smoky Mountain National Park
– Graceland, Memphis
– Dollywood, Pigeon Forge
– Nashville, Music City USA
– National Museum of Civil Rights, Memphis
– Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage
– Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga
– Tennessee’s Civil War Heritage
– The Parthenon, Nashville
– The Museum of Appalachia
– The Tennessee State Capitol Building